12 June 2023

Sad dream


Woke up suddenly in the middle of the night with hammering heartbeat and a profound sense of sadness and frustration.

I don't often got woken up by a dream. Or perhaps I don't often remember being woken up by a dream. But this I do remember.

While there was disorientation with abrupt wakefulness from sleep, I don't consider it a nightmare, the piecemeal fragments of the dream I can still remember are not frightful.

It's a dream with only direct family members, in a house somewhere, where I had endless chores and laborious works, and that sense of dire consequences if I couldn't complete them.

The rest of the family were all doing some leisurely stuff, but none of them would help me, and ignored all my pleas. I was isolated and being totally ignored.

As the nature of dreams, I simply knew that I was just a lowly servant or slave. Also, in dreams, things just changed from one scene to another, one snapshot to another without the interim but somehow still seemed perfectly logical. So the next thing I remembered was feeling the unfairness, the horrible treatment, the pain and frustration.

And then I ran, away from the family, and they pursued. The chase ended with me on a rooftop, shouting and screaming with all my heart: "You all never listen! You all just ignore me!", but no voice came out. The frustration level must be unbearable then because that was when I woke up.

I couldn't really get back to sleep after that, though I can totally relate to that dream.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: