17 July 2022

Diablo Immortal, a week in


Diablo Immortal arrived for Asia Pacific on 8th of July, slightly more than a week ago.

As an avid fan of the Diablo series, I have been playing daily ever since. My primary interest, for now at least, is the solo content, the storyline campaign.

However I did spent quite a bit of time doing daily missions, and running rifts, something that I usually would only do when I am at max level and had finished the main storyline.

But I am doing this now in Diablo Immortal because unfortunately, this is a pay to win game thinly-wrapped as a free to play game. Since I do not condone this kind of business model, I have to say this is not looking good.

Too many things that need a player to log in daily and grind to get stuff if you want to stay free to play, and despite that, still absolutely not competitive to those who paid to win.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the game thus far, nice graphics, engaging action, and my thirst for the Diablo storyline are still keeping me going. For how long I honestly do not know as I am nearing the end of the stroyline and also approaching the max character level.

I like to try all classes but the need to log in all characters to do the daily activities will make that not feasible for someone who doesn't have a lot of gaming time.

Too bad they have to make this game in this business model, I would have happily paid a one time cost and then being able to play the game in my casual, leisurely way, when I have time for it, instead of this need of daily gaming time.

Why couldn't they do it like Diablo, Diablo II, Diablo III and all their expansions? As it stands now, I don't foresee myself playing this game for a long time, unlike the previous three of the Diablo series.



Other |geeky gaming| category entries.


No comments: