22 May 2021

Flying Snowball


After months of not biting me, something the younger son was rather jealous of, Snowball did it again a few nights ago.

Well, Snowball still tries to bite me when he's in a bitey mood, but usually after I dodged his attempt once or twice he would resign to just running away to hide, while I try to caress him.

When he's in a good mood though, he would stay still and let me caress his head, which he enjoys. Well, I assume he enjoys it since he would close his eyes as if he's content.

Anyway, the night he bit me, he drew blood and by natural reaction I withdrew my hand. His teeth were in deep so ended up he hung on to my finger for a while before he let go, causing him to go flying from the momentum of my hand withdrawal.

This time he didn't landed on the shaving of either of his containers, no soft landing on shaving but a hard landing on the floor tile, with an alarming flesh hitting floor sound.

Hamsters must be tough animal, because that 1 to 1.5 metres in height drop didn't do any apparent damage, but did gave Snowball a shock and he immediately played dead.

Good thing he played dead, because he was on the floor, unbounded territory, and hamster can run very fast.

I quickly got wifey to help while I put up cardboard fences surrounding him. When he stopped playing dead, which was always shortly after he starts playing dead since he is deaf and can't see very well and thinks the coast is clear, wifey managed to get him into a milk bottle we regularly use to relocate him, and he was back in his containers roaming happily like nothing had happened.

So ya, Snowball went flying again, his highest thus far.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: