18 January 2021

I feel you


In the thermal and mechanical meeting with customer today, for one of the co-engineering projects I am working on, one of their thermal engineers expressed his frustration and helplessness in regards to the ever changing, top down direction from their management.

Said that as thermal engineers, they know what's beneficial and what's not for the cooling solution, that they can only do their best with what's handled to them under some unnegotiable requests that are averse to thermal.

He expressed his frustration and helplessness, and hope we understand their situation.

Oh, I feel you brother. Totally.

After all, I have been in this situation since a few months before you official engaged. Same thing in both the projects I am working on with your company. The ever changing requirements that are not always conducive to thermal.

My thermal models are currently the fourth revision for both the projects, with several sub-revisions and branched out parallel revisions of different options. As of today I have done more than forty simulation cases per projects, that's close to ninety combined. Majority of them are no longer valid because of the ever changing specifications and requirements.

So ya, I feel you brother. Absolutely.



Other |wretched workaholic| category entries.


No comments: