16 February 2020

Solitude


I used to have a website called Sharing Corner, one that I hand-coded in notepad using the html I learned back in university.

It's gone now, I think the service provider for the web space went under or something, I changed to blogspot when I started working anyway.

Elder son is learning html in his computer club at school, I thought of my Sharing Corner and all that hand-coded html, so I went and dug it up.

And oh dear, memories and nostalgia...


I used to have this section called Solitude, my online diary kind of thing, the predecessor of Scribble Pad really.

And I wrote a piece as the introduction to that section back in 2002, and here it is.

-----

I am a sentimental person
It's both a blessing and a curse
Many say that I am a sensitive person
But yet at times my ignorance is staggering

It is said that ignorance is bliss
To a certain extent I do agree
For sometimes what we don't know cannot hurt us
And at times the more we know the less happy we become

Like a concealed truth hidden from our knowledge
It does us no harm till we found out we'd been deceived
Or like the untainted minds of the children
So simple and pure and full of joys and happiness

Then again, nothing is of absolute certainty
As the world is ever changing
So is human being
Perhaps moderation is indeed the key

You see, I like to ponder the things in life
I believe we learn as we live
And I feel better and stronger and more complete
With every insight, knowledge and understanding I receive

I am ever searching for the kind
Who listens with the heart
And reaches with open mind
For that's how I do others

Those few I found have distanced somehow
Faded away after a season
Often without any reason
Perhaps that's how it's meant to be

I am no writer, nor am I a poet
But I like to express and to share the feelings inside
The sentiments, the thoughts, the emotions
All those special moments and instants in life

Within Solitude silently harbour
A song waiting for the right choir
A voice willing to share with those who linger
A soul wondering where next to wander

- CK -
15 June 2002
(edited 21 September 2004)



Other |sane side| category entries.


No comments: