14 February 2020

Maybe...


Maybe if I was not such an old fart, not such a slacker, not so antisocial, and still give a damn...

...I would go out and about to view the flock of sheep, so I could feel good about myself being the odd one out.

Happy for being one of those who doesn't follow the masses.

In my own opinion, the sensible one. The smart one, if I say so myself, hehe. =P


Couldn't do it without an equally smart and sensible wifey. Actually smarter wifey, but never mind.

We consciously and actively not support any of the inflated stuff the greedy business-owners try to capitalise on, which defeats and ruins the meaning of the occasion.

Sorry, don't see the value of those inflated prices, just pure greed and nothing else.

So we celebrate whenever we like, any day, or days, but 14th of February.

Or if we do celebrate on the day, it's at where the prices aren't inflated.


And as I aged (hopefully becoming wiser), I find that I gradually couldn't even give a damn about it anymore.

Greedy people will continue to be so, foolish people will continue to be so.

So be it, as long as I am not one of them.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: