12 May 2019

Made my day


Today is a good day.

Because mommi remembers me. =)

Gave pappi a call after my long morning walk.

He knew I called to greet mommi a happy Mother's Day, so he handed the phone to her.

And mommi knew who I am, and was responsive today.

She even cracked joke saying she was just napping because she was lazy. =)

That made my day.

Guess this is one of her good days.

I remember a few months back when I was there beside her, face to face, holding her hand, yet she couldn't recognise me. I was just a stranger to her.

The sense of lost, helplessness, and depression.

I understand that it can only be worse for her, who suffers from Alzheimer's disease. Must be downright terrifying.

Nothing we can do about it, it only gets worse, is what I have been told.

But today is a good day, for she remembered me, and we talked.

Gotta cherish all these moments as we get them, and count them as blessings.



Other |enjoyable events| category entries.


No comments: