12 April 2019

Shameful confession


Bless me, my good conscience, for I have sinned.

I have worked till late every day this week, except yesterday since I had a dinner date with old friends who are dear to me, but good grief for the rest of the weekdays, I had worked on average more than four hours overtime every day.

I have arrived office before the sun was up and left office when it has fully set, basically commuting when it's dark all round with not a hint of red, not even blue.

I didn't get to say goodnight to my kids, I didn't even get to see my elder son at all. For I left home before he is up and got home after he has gone to bed. Got to see a bleary-eyed younger son on two days when he was up slightly earlier, and got a quick good morning and bye-bye in.

For someone who has been doing the 07:00 to 16:30 working hours religiously, I could offer nothing but bitter resignation when colleagues rubbed in the fact these few days, for I truly felt shameful for my behaviour since I have disgraced my slacker extraordinaire reputation, it's gone through the muck now. slacker point -1 

And worse still, I have to work through the weekend, not just working from home but going to the office to work. slacker point -2

Good grief, I have sinned and will still sin more.

Truly sorry about it but can't help it, my sense of responsibility demands this of me.

Here's hoping all will go as plan now that I have given up trying to make the model I was given to work, and started building the model from scratch myself.

Can always rely on my own work.

If only I acted on my gut instinct on Monday, oh well... No point moaning, full steam ahead!

Sorry my slacker within, please bear with me for a few more days.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: