02 March 2014

Here we go again


Was still up at midnight on the 1st of March. Remembering that registration for Penang Bridge International Marathon 2014 starts on 1st of March, I went to the website to check it out.

While not an avid runner... okay, while not a runner at all, I like to set foot on that bridge in an official event so I get a certificate saying I have been there. =P

Since I got cheated last year when they changed the marathon to the first bridge, I have to do it again this year.

Might as well register as early bird to enjoy the discounted fee, and apparently there is a lucky draw too. Me and lucky draws, yea... looking forward to a smaller bib number is a more realistic wish.

Let's just say the registration was a "refreshing" experience, as in, needing to refresh the website numerous times to get it done. -_-

And while I was doing the registration shortly passed midnight, the system wasn't applying the early birds discount, so I sent the organiser a feedback.

I didn't check my e-mail until after lunch, and to my pleasant surprise the organiser replied rather promptly, the timestamp said the reply was sent at 00:31 hours. The organiser said they are using a new system and didn't incorporated the discount, and they will rectify it as soon as possible.

Which they did, when I checked again later in the evening, the registration fee was updated so I proceeded to pay. Gotta say I am impressed with their efficiency, probably many other early birds sent them feedbacks too.

done, signed myself up

I guess I have to haul my lazy arse and start training again then, to build up my endurance and then my speed to complete in time, hopefully doing better than last year.

Maybe in a few months, too darn lazy still. =P

Better put this here as a reminder for myself to pick up the stuff. Early birds collection is in August, a few months earlier than normal.


Wonder if I could finish in an hour or less this year?


No comments: