27 February 2014

No brainer, part deux


Life with a 8MB/s fibre optic internet line is really quite nice, no complaints thus far. =)

What I didn't mention in the previous entry is that the service also comes with a 30 hours per month speed boost to 50MB/s. It's self-managed through the website and can be selected in 1, 2, or 8 hours segment.

I tried it out on Monday, just for the heck of it. =P

after boost speed test from service provider site

Woohoo, 50MB/s!

Of course, that's only on speed test site, what matters is the real application speed, so....

824KB/s eh? Not as dramatic an increase as I anticipated

And I noticed the speed fluctuated quite a bit, so I noted the time. It took about 38 minutes to download a 1.33GB file, so that worked out to be about 583KB/s, hmm...

Not too impressed with the boost.

Of course it could be the site I was downloading from, but can't say I wasn't disappointed that day.

That said, still a happy bunny with the 8MB/s line. ^_^


1 comment:

giaonhan247 said...

Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

An Thái Sơn với website anthaison.vn chuyên sản phẩm máy đưa võng hay máy đưa võng tự động tốt cho bé là địa chỉ bán máy đưa võng giá rẻ tại TP.HCM và giúp bạn tìm máy đưa võng loại nào tốt nhất hiện nay.