06 February 2014

Dream versus reality


Took a longish break for Chinese New Year, and it's coming to an end. 

Will resume work tomorrow, with much reluctance.

I envisioned returning to work fresh and healthy, well rested and full of vigour to take on the challenges. You know, a good start on a new year, that kind of thing.

But reality is such a far cry from the vision.

You see, I have been plagued by sore throat and coughing since two weeks prior to Chinese New Year, it's part of the reason I took a long break, hoping to get well.

I finally got better a few days ago, so I celebrated with digging in to the various new year cookies that I had been holding off.

But I guess I should have held off a while longer, for I am down with sore throat again. Bollocks.

Couldn't indulge and enjoy any of those yummy cookies, such a sad new year. =(

The coughing was keeping me up at night so I am perpetually tired, so much for a fresh and well rested start, bah!

Oh well, it's not all bad. Spent a few days at the inlaws, played some mahjong. Spent some evenings with the kids playing fireworks and watched a movie with wifey. Eldest brother came home, a good catch up, I have totally forgotten about a loan he said I gave him.

I suppose I have always believe that if I was to lend money, it's to be done with not expecting to get the money back.

Anyway, here's hoping by some miracle, I will get a good night sleep tonight and be fully recovered tomorrow for a brand new start.

One can dream.


No comments: