18 February 2014

Weird puzzling move


Idiot drivers, they come in all shapes and sizes. Mixture of rude, selfish, ridiculous, and stupid people.

Met one who is more on the ridiculous side today, a motorcyclist who thinks it's either his way or the highway.

So I was on the middle lane in a slow moving traffic, and on my right came a motorcyclist on one of those super-bike-wannabe fat motorcycles trying to squeeze pass between my car and the car on my right.

Seems like a foolhardy sort I thought, I better just let him pass instead of him scratching either the right side of my car, or the left side of the other car.

So I slowed to almost a halt to let it overtake.

But then sensing opportunity, a taxi driver on the right lane slightly in front of me turned on his signal indicating he wanted to change into my lane.

Nothing wrong about that really, I usually will give way to those who use their signal in a timely manner anyway.

Only the me-me-me-all-me motorcyclist didn't think so, he probably think it's his space. It's a battle of getting in front of my car between him and the taxi driver.

Taxi driver, well, being a taxi driver, doesn't really give a damn what the motorcyclist thought. Honestly, to me, the taxi driver using the signal was already like, wow miracle!

Suffice it to say that the taxi got in front of me, leaving a rather pissed motorcyclist still beside me on the right, who started gesturing to me.

From what I could gather, I think he was trying to say I should have kept going and not let the taxi change into my lane.

Not sure what to reply (what? I can't let someone who wanted to change lane, change lane?)simply gestured to him to just go on ahead and get in front and stop staying so close on my right.

He either couldn't get it or was bent on venting his frustration, since the taxi driver has changed again to the innermost lane and went on his merry way.

Seeing the motorcyclist was more interested in giving his thought on how the traffic should go the way he wanted it to instead of actually moving his fat motorcycle, I decided not to waste time with the fool and just went ahead moving forward to catch up with the vehicle in front.

The motorcyclist went behind my car, overtook me on the left, slowed down, and continued to give his piece of mind.

Halted by the traffic again, I watched him with equal part amusement and sense of ridiculousness.

The passenger, probably his wife, finally got enough of this foolishness and slapped the motorcyclist on the arm to get him going.

I couldn't help but shook my head the rest of the way home, and a thought came to me.

I know we shouldn't argue with idiots, they will only drag us down to their level and beat us with their years of experience. But I was wondering instead of just giving no response with a nonplussed expression, maybe I can come up with some funky and weird hand gesture or move sequence.

You know, something not as rude as the middle finger but which can relay the message "I think you are an idiot and I can be ridiculous too if I want to".

Maybe do a little dance or something?

Anyway, some people really should be taken off the road.


2 comments:

江边鸟 said...

show him "up yours!"

CK said...

I am not a rude person ler...