24 March 2014

Code broken


Departmental teambuilding event today.

For a change we actually did some real teambuilding activity instead of the usual 'go eat and go home' thing.

We went to Break the Code for some fun. ^_^

No worries, this entry really just intend to serve as my memento than as anything else, so I will keep it spoiler free.

I was in the second group and when they asked for a leader, I said, 

"Just pick the one in the front..."

And got pushed to the front. -_-

Oh well.

Anyway, the ten of us got blindfolded and led into a room, and then chain-handcuffed together. Let me tell you, SM jokes were flying around! =P

Then we were told that we had been kidnapped and basically we need to escape through another room. I will skip all the other details to not spoil it for all those who haven't tried it.

Gotta say I agree with the 2-8 persons team size recommended by the owner. Ten felt a bit too many, information didn't get pass all round and it seemed a bit chaotic with so many people.

We used one of the two hints and got out in 46 minutes, we were told the current record for that game (Kidnapped: Break Out) is 28 minutes.

Woa, that's fast. It's almost like someone who already done it having a second go...

Meh! I had fun, so I am cool with it.



Potential spoilers alert! Don't read further if you want to avoid something that may or may not be spoiler.



Just want to put a few things here that have been bugging me. First is about that tool, I have figured out what it was for, I simply had unscrewed a bolt using my bare hand instead. =P

Then about that alphabet to number decoder and that alphabets code at the other end, I don't think it was a red herring, I think they have changed from a combination lock to a key lock instead, rendering that code moot.

And lastly, the location of the colour code was just... illogical. I mean, come on! Who would put a code there?


No comments: