21 November 2013

Random Thoughts


- 9th Anniversary -

Thank you my dearest wifey, for accepting me as I am, and for being who you are.


Happy 9th anniversary! Love you lots!

Here's for standing by and holding each other for the many more years to come.

Cheers!

-----

- Container magnet -

Thanks to the change in departmental lucky draw concept in recent years, which tries to give more consolation prizes to cover 85% or more of the employee, I finally got to win something.

Best lucky draw prize won in my entire life so far: wireless mouse.

-_-

And as luck (or lack of) would have it, of all those variety of consolation prizes, I seem to attract the food container.

this is 2011 annual dinner's

this is 2013 annual dinner's

On a slightly funny note, it happened that on both 2011 and 2013 annual dinners, the top prize was an Ultrabook, which I told my wifey I would give her if I won.

So both years I gave her the containers, calling them the Ultrabook. =P

-----

- 10km -

It started as wanting to set foot on the second bridge, which led me to feel being cheated when they announced the Penang Bridge International Marathon would still be run on the first bridge this year.

I have already set foot on the first bridge, thank you very much, pfft!

Oh well, I never run a marathon anyway, was on first aid duty on prior bridge marathons so I guess it's still something.

As it turned out, I almost couldn't make it. First was the back pain that plagued me for days before the marathon, but it healed just in time.

Then the younger son got hospitalised the night before the marathon, the havoc it caused threw my resting plan out of the window and stressed me enough to trigger the IBS.

I ended up with less than an hour of closed eyes but I went for the run anyway.

My 10km run was pretty much constant dodging of other runners and walkers. There were many, MANY participants.


Anyway, I did it, my first bridge run, don't really consider it a marathon since it's only 10km.

Am glad all the trainings have not been for nothing, though honestly I felt rather neutral having completed 10km in the time limit.

Don't think it's something worth being proud of.

-----

- Homemade birthday card, v3 -

The not so slacker and not so bestest month saw the beginning of a new version of homemade birthday cards.


Still tiny, still el-cheapo, but now they come in two layers and with glistering ink to pretend to be posh and bling bling. =P


Oh well, still something money can't buy and genuinely full of 'heart'.

-----

- Stress! -

Just want to show this really, as a representation of my recent state:


Those who are faithful Running Man fans should get it, else just take it as I am under stress nowadays and sorry if I seemed unsmiling, super antisocial and extra grumpy.


1 comment:

HoneyBee said...

Happy anniversary!
Love you!