28 May 2012

Ada makan?


This is most probably the first entry with a Malay title. Well, there is a first for everything. ^_^

Ada makan?, literally is "got eat?"

A security guard asked me that today, in her context she meant "do you eat?"

You see, I enter the production floor on a daily basis, usually more than once per day. That is not really uncommon for those working in the production floor.

Only I do not belong to a department that mainly works in the floor, some of my colleagues do not enter the floor more than once every quarter, or year, or at all. I just work like that because I am at the lowest level of the hierarchy and pretty much just a cheap labour.

Oh well, that's that, so anyway...

Whenever we exit the production floor there is this random checker gate that we have to pass through. If it beeps, you are the 'lucky' one who gets to be checked by the security guard on duty to see if you have smuggled anything out from the floor.

It's supposed to be random, it probably is for everyone. Except me.

For me, it beeps more than 50% of the time, I kid you not. In fact, since it triggers so frequently whenever I pass through, almost all the security guards, no matter which shift, have wanded me with the metal detector several time.

I am their regular customer. They probably sigh and go pick up their metal detector whenever they see me coming out.

So, after wanding me today, the lady security guard asked "ada makan?"

I wasn't sure what she was asking about (my Malay sucks big time) until she asked why am I so thin?

So these security guards are actually checking out our physique when they are doing the wanding huh? 0_o

I replied with my super broken Malay saying that I do eat, it's just that I have a tough job, it keeps me thin. Which is the truth what...

She just laughed.



Wifey, does this count as a lady taking a hit on me?

My score on that regard is pathetic! >_<


4 comments:

HoneyBee said...

I'm not sure about a 'hit', but she sure did pay attention to you... Probably thinking 'poor fellow... His wife probably doesn't know how to cook or look after him...'

CK said...

oh well, score remains at 1.

=(

Chew KW said...

Actually shean meant "你有沒有偷吃/拿“ anything from the production floor.

Just like when our law enforcers like to "makan". same meaning. hahaha

CK said...

But she added on with "why are you so thin?" wor...