06 May 2012

One day to the next


Just 24 hours apart, yet can be so different.

Yesterday was a nice day. Three generations playing board game together, that's super rare, and super meaningful.


Since mom and dad won't be home the coming Mother's and Father's Day, we celebrated with them in our own way yesterday. Nothing special, but meaningful nevertheless.

Yes, yesterday was a really nice day.

-----

Today though, today's a shitty day.

The boys persisted with their "let's deny papa his weekend rest" vexation, ensuring I started my day grouchy.

Then the elder son, in his carelessness, fractured one of his toes hitting a chair just prior to lunch. Big commotion, tears, shouting, angry words but it soon became apparently that I was the only one wanting to get my elder son to the hospital as soon as possible.

The so call 'emergency' dragged on for ages because all others wanted to finish their lunch first, and of course the younger son decided to be difficult at that moment. Eventually we had to leave the younger son at home with his grandparents while we belatedly rush the now well fed elder son to the hospital.

Only I didn't make it to the hospital, just before we got on to the main road wifey said she didn't need me so I walked home to deal with that unruly younger child. The ill behaved child who doesn't listen to me and ignores everything I said.

Not helping was the fact that I was suffering from IBS this whole day.

Yes, today's a really shitty day.


No comments: