02 December 2011

Litterers Beware


Throw your rubbish in the rubbish bin, an act so simple my two years old son knows how to do it.

Sadly, there are many who don't measure up to my son. Shame on them.

So I am rather happy when I read that those caught littering at Gurney Drive are going to be fined RM50. =)

Yay! Go get them irresponsible ones!

Of course the skeptics will say it's just another way to take bribe, which is probably true for some of the litter wardens, but it's still a good thing. The fine that is, not bribing.

Let's make this clear, I do not condone bribery, but those irresponsible litterers who paid, whether the fine or the bribe, are likely not going to litter again.

Well, at least not going to litter for a while until their thick-headedness returned full force. *roll eyes*

It's of course all down to the execution, how frequent, how strict, how persistent, how professional. Sad to say that I have little faith in the professionalism of most governmental executions, but I will be glad to be proven wrong.

Anyway, something is better than nothing. If this news is going to raise awareness and to cause halt, temporarily or what not, to the irresponsible population, I am more than happy to help spread it.

Public service rendered. (karma +1)


No comments: