10 December 2011

Giving credit where it's due


Local policemen never really gave me a good impression.

I cannot pinpoint the reason, perhaps it's the numerous bad press that we are exposed to, but I have little faith in policemen doing the right thing or upholding law and justice.

Somehow I think they are just doing whatever they are doing to increase their chances of getting some side income, in terms of bribe from the offenders or lawbreakers, when there is little to no risk involve.

Sorry to say that I never associate local policemen with these adjectives: brave, courteous, fair, righteous, clean, just.

Well, today, while on my way to work*, I witnessed something that I simply have to give credit for: two policemen on motorcycle stopped to help a blind man cross the road.

Of course for this particular incident, any decent person should help the blind man. I am just surprised to see the policemen actually doing something decent.

Guess I just have a really bad impression of policemen.

I know I am a cynical, grumpy, and sarcastic person who likes to vent and rant but I do recognise people for their good deed, hence this entry.

Recognise instead of criticise, something we all should do more of. =)



* yea, working on Saturday. Slacker point -1. Dungeon master +1.


No comments: