29 June 2011

Business Trip (3)


The first one of this series can be found here, and the second here.

 
- Fine Dining -

I actually struggled for a bit for the title of this section, wanted to just say expensive food but that doesn't sound too polished. =P

Anyway, the one thing nice about business trip is the meal allowance. Every single night I ate at one of those restaurants that normally I will only go once in a few months, and usually only on special occasions.

While some do genuinely have nice food, some are just plain expensive and not worth the money. The last dinner I had there before I came back tasted nothing special, but costed at least 20 days worth of my lunch money, and yes I am not exaggerating. Talk about low/no value for money! Good thing majority of the dinner was okay and above, and just a few so so or meh! =)

But it's okay, I didn't feel that guilty since it's company's money. Somehow I will feel guilty eating expensive meal that I know really does not deserved the price tag. It's to me simply a waste of money.

I do admit I have "cheap taste", hawker's food anyday! Good value for money and great taste, especially if it's Penang's hawker's food. =)

-----

- Eye Candy -

I guess it's a combination of a few factors:

- that I am a geeky dork that stay at home most of the time
- that I work at ulu place where majority of the females wrapped up like ninja
- that while on business trip, I stayed at the heart of shopping centres

Somehow, there seems to be a lot more eye candies in Singapore. The ladies along Orchard Road dressed in a pleasant to the eyes way. Many of them in skirt of dress instead of jeans.

And yea, wrapped-like-ninja population is significantly smaller there, so there were comparatively a lot more type of dressings and generous showing of long straight hair. I likey. =)

Majority of them have the right amount of makeup, some did have it a bit thick but since it's just eye therapy I did not try to imagine what the real look is without the cosmetics.

The thing is, most of them, and it's an alarming large portion, just got to ruin it by being a smoker. That is the free ticket straight to reject bin as far as I am concern.

Oh well.

-----



No comments: