31 August 2010

Random Thoughts


Replugged-in

Like it or not, internet is part of my life now.

No, I am not addicted to Facebook nor crazy about instant messaging, I just like to have my daily dose of forum surfing and blog reading.

So when my router started to act up a few weeks ago, my 'normal' lifestyle got disturbed by its erratic behaviour.

I put up with it since it was still working sporadically, while the reset button no longer works (always a bad sign), manual rebooting multiple times managed to get it going.

Until two days ago, that is. It's now offcially dead.

Router modem set to serve as bridge since I have a wireless router that handles the traffic, after a mere 1.5 years of service the modem went belly up. Of course the warranty is just 1 year, typical.

Replaced the dead Pci DSL2-01 with a new TP-Link TD-8817 today, hopefully the TP-Link product is more reliable. Well, at least it comes with a 2 years warranty so I guess at least I have two years before it kaput.

Am now weighing my options of dealing with the dead modem... should I hurl it against something hard and solid, drop it from great height, or use something hard and solid to smash it?

Hammer time! =P

May you rest in pieces, you piece of crap.

-----

+1

Happy birthday Fang!

Wishing you a fantastic day, hope you get to enjoy the day just the way you like it, and get married and have babies.

So nice to be born on our National Day, as long as you remain in Malaysia, every birthday is a holiday! ^_^

-----

53rd birthday

Happy independence day Malaysia!

While the older and more exposed I get, the less my sense of patriotism becomes, I do love my country still.

Can't say the same for the government and majority of the politicians who directly contribute to my diminishing patriotism.

Besides a great reluctance to quit my home country (which according to some racists, doesn't welcome me), there is hope that with the new generation of enlightened Malaysians who realised the "supreme race" idea is just going to impede development and tear the country apart, I guess it's still worth hanging on the citizenship, for whatever it's worth.

Here's hoping that within my lifetime, I would see a Malaysia that is fair to all its rakyat, a Malaysia that doesn't differentiate its people by race, gender or religion. You know, just Malaysian.

Of course, here's also hoping we would have a government that's really for the rakyat, and not for their own pocket.

One can always dream.

No comments: