08 February 2010

Pandamen


By sheer chance I watched the first episode of Pandamen (熊猫人) on 8TV a few days ago, as it's on 20:30 hours right after the Mandarin news.

That is, I watched the first 10 minutes of that television series before I decided there are better things to waste my time on.

Diehard Jay Chou fans will tell you how fantastic the series is, how the acting is Oscar worthy, blah blah blah. Jay Chou directed and acted in the series.

Good thing I am not a diehard Jay Chou fan, and I am telling it from my perspective: it's craptastic.

It couldn't even hold my attention for more than 10 minutes.

Today, I decided to not be overly harsh and give it a second chance. After all, I had bored myself half dead reading through The Hours (the horror!), surely I can tolerate some crap TV series.

It's the 5th episode today. I didn't made it past 5 minutes.

Forget it, it SUCKS.

Honestly, I have nothing against Jay Chou, I like his unique blurry-pronunciation singing. One of my favorite songs is his 珊瑚海 (driect translation: Coral Sea, Coral Reef?). He gave us many nice songs, really.

His acting though, is non-existing. His movies are not all bad, nothing spectacular, but not all bad.

This Pandamen however... sorry man, el-sucko-big-time-o!

No comments: