21 March 2009

We are Deadly... Sweet!


There will be a series of games starting pretty soon, a mini Olympic for my department.

I am heavily involved in the planning and executing of this mini Olympic, for I am a true believer of making the work place a fun place so going to work is not such a drag.

It's fair to say that I am pulling my fair share of weight (and more) in this mini Olympic with the help of a scant few committee members (whom I truely appreciate), most of the others are just committee in name. Mr Chairperson is... oh well, he is Mr Chairperson.

Trust me, that's explanation enough. =P

With the help of those handful of colleagues, all three of them, we are going to make this happen.

Since this is not meant to be a rant, let's not talk about those who only complain and provide no constructive suggestion, those not only do not appreciate what the committee is doing for the better of the department, but think it's a nuisance to their oh-so-happening-work-life, and those who simply do not give a damn and make you wish you haven't put in the time and effort.

Yea, let's not talk about those.

Let's talk instead of my team name! =)

There are eight teams in total and the captains go round robin picking their members. It's a department wide event so everyone is involved, even the committees (real or in name). I was picked by Captain Lee, or more affectionately known as Captain Thing Thing, during team formation.

Basically, I am in a team with my closest colleagues, my lunch buddies, my friends. The good is that we probably will work like a team seamlessly. The bad is, the committee in me is protesting that we should really encourage mixing of the colleagues and not stay within our comfort zone.

Well, shut up committee in me! =P

It's not for me to decide anyway, the captains did the selection.

Okay okay, team name. If I got my way, we would be called...

Task Force, with the team slogan being "may the force be with you!", or

Tee Bee Dee, TBD = to be determine, or

Ten plus One, since my team is unique in having ten members, one of us being a pregnant lady, hence the 'plus one'

But since I am hired as a Meeting Engineer and was stuck in another meeting the first half of my first team meeting, the team name was already voted on before I got any say.

So, behold the team name that will strike fear and leave you with awe!

*drum roll*
.
.
.

Big Donut!

Erm... yea... like, er... we are the chocolate coated version with sugar on top and just thinking about the calories will strike you with fear, and er... a big donut is just like, erm... awesome.

Our strategy is to try to win while you roll on the floor laughing, something like that. =P

So, fear the Big Donut!



For some reason Homer Simpson and his "D'OH!" came to mind whenever I think of donuts...

image source

2 comments:

江边鸟 said...

I would still prefer AK47 as our team name! And I believe it's Sam's and GP's preference too! But too bad our Captain Lee Thing Thing (wuakaka, I like this name so much) strongly opposed our idea ~ But nevermind, Big Donut is still good ~ at least it's tasty... eerr... as long as it's not from our canteen one :p

CK said...

Fear the Big Donut!

We have AKK and OPS, don't play play.

AKK = aam kong king
OPS = oh peh sut