16 October 2008

7 Habits

I have attended quite a number of training courses and have a stack of certificates from those courses that issued one. The stack would have at least doubled if all the courses I attended issued a certificate.

But I am not here to compare number of certificates, they are just papers. Instead, I simply have to write about the three days course that I have just completed.

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.

There is a very well-known book of the same title, sold over 15 million copies as of the 2004 paperback edition, by the great man Stephen R. Covey, who also provides training courses.

I have heard of the book, never read the book, but I finally own a copy of the book now, thanks to my company. My company has certified instructors to teach the course and a class was available at the site I am working these past three days.

I signed up for the training course because I didn't want to be the only person left at my aisle of the office for the three days, since my colleagues had all signed up.

I am mightily glad I signed up, even though for the wrong reason.

The course was immensely beneficial and has profound impact.

I strive to be a better person, and this course has just provided me with a clear path and direction.

I am writing this as a record of, hopefully, the beginning of a better me.

2 comments:

江边鸟 said...

Quote from famous CK Goh
"May the pink force be with you!"

You this evil person sure can be a better person tomorrow ~

CK said...

I forgive you for all the wrongs you did me.

And I celebrate the difference between us, while I am straight and you are pink, I accept you as you are.

=P