19 July 2024

Forced day off


The work tasks piled on like a vengeance for me taking the whole past week off. How dare the cheap labour gone on such long break, simply despicable!

This week is a four days working week since Monday was replacement holiday, that didn't stopped the colleagues and program managers asking for tasks completion that assumed I was working the previous week...

I was on leave last week! I said that many times, meant nothing though, as I was still expected to deliver a full report for top management this morning, among many other deliverables.

Having to go on site, which is an efficiency drop for me, on Wednesday and Thursday did not helped. So I had to work till Friday 01:00 hours, after starting work at 06:50 hours on Thursday, as I start my work early whenever I need to go on site to avoid rush hour traffic, since traffic is such a big sucker of useful time.

Mind was so heavy when I presented the material to the top management this morning, delivery was not as smooth as my usual since brain was so slow I stammered for words. Lack of sleep does that.

The initial plan was to complete another big task of preparing training material after lunch, but the lunch time meeting was abruptly ended when laptop threw a BSOD, and then it forever stuck in the reboot and BSOD loop.

So I went on site yet again, three days out of a four working days week, to get IT support. Only it's Microsoft server issue, said IT support, nothing they can do about it but to wait for Microsoft to resolve their issue.

Basically Microsoft has given me half day off, only it's more like a 1.5 hours off as after the horrible traffic there and back, it's already 16:00 hours.

It also means Microsoft has forced me to work in the weekend to get the training material done. So thanks but no thanks! >_<



Other |wretched workaholic| category entries.


No comments: