13 August 2023

Did my part


Meant to write and post this yesterday, but by the time I actually sit down to start writing, it's already past midnight, oh well.

So I woke up yesterday, turned on the laptop and worked for about two hours. Hopefully that's the only overtime I am doing this weekend.

Then I went out to exercise my voting right for the state election.

The journey there and back took like two hours, encountered many selfish idiots on the road, for example the two drivers who came out of T-junction when there was no space on the other lane for them to do so, so they just stopped on and blocked the ongoing lane until a space freed up on the other lane.

Seriously, some people should not be driving.

Anyway, the commute was two hours-ish, the voting itself was super fast, think I completed mine within five minutes of arriving at the voting centre.

It's mainly because of the lack of voters, which is a sad thing. On my way home, the noon news reported less than 25% had voted on all the states having election.

The good news is that at the time of writing this, the lesser evil political party I voted for my state has already got the majority.



Other |sane side| category entries.


No comments: