06 May 2023

Demotivated


The all company meeting is projecting one message, while my department is doing quite the opposite, prime example of what I called "the management talk".

To reduce cost, company asked the employees to volunteer for pay cut, saying one of the main reasons for the pay cut is to save jobs, so company does not have to let go its employees. As someone who could only have any saving when there is bonus, with the monthly salary barely covering the living cost, I couldn't in good conscience bring myself to accept so I let it defaulted to accept instead.

Anyway it's all for nothing. My department is asking for voluntary separation again, and if the volunteer count does not meet target, there will be involuntary separation. Yes, the company is going to let go its employees, so much for the main reason of voluntary pay cut.

When the pay cut started and the pinch on living cost felt, it's already a great blow to morale. Now this double whammy.

Totally demotivated, demoralized.



Other |sane side| category entries.


No comments: