14 March 2023

Acrobatic daredevils


Went to the Great British Circus in Autocity, Juru, last weekend.

This is the first time I have been to a real life circus in my whole life. Interesting enough, parents and inlaws, the previous generation, had been to circus at much younger age, and now my children, the next generation, have also been to a circus in their teen.

Just me and wifey who experienced a circus in our matured age. Oh well.

It's not a big circus, but the show was entertaining and enjoyable. I think the younger audiences would have enjoyed it more, because there are things that are obvious for adults, but probably still wonderful or amusing for children or teenagers, like the magic show, or the clown/joker act.

Maybe it's just me. *Shrug*

Those acrobatic, balancing and flexibility acts, many of which done at height without safety harness or safety net, really amazed me though. Hats off to those daring and skillful performers.

Funny how something similar done in a safe setting would have been less captivating, but when it's done with openly perceived dangerous situation, it becomes so enthralling. What does that say about human nature, eh?

Anyway, really just wanted to note down this memorable event, my first circus experience.

Another thing to scratch off the bucket list, if I had a bucket list.



Other |enjoyable events| category entries.


No comments: