09 August 2021

23:06


Twenty three hours and six minutes.

That's the time I spent working overtime in the past weekend. Basically I worked through the weekend.

That 23 hours 6 minutes included the ergonomic breaks, the bio-breaks, and the water refilling time. It does not include meal time.

It's solid working hours without meeting or instant messages disruption. It's longer and more effective working hours than normal working weekday.

Normal working day is cramped with all sort of disruptions and interruptions, leaving scant productive working time, which leads to working overtime.

Sad but true, and absolutely unhealthy.

Finally completed the thermal model and set it to solve while I catch up on my sleep around 01:00 hours this morning. Thankfully it converged when I woke up, no serious debug needed, giving me the buffer to run other cases before the Thursday deadline.

Sent the now verified working model to the new hire my manager assigned to help on the project, then post-processed the case and sent the report. Heard nothing from the new hire throughout the day so I proceeded to work on the case, on top of the cases for another project.

Can always trust and rely on myself to get the job done.



Other |wretched workaholic| category entries.


No comments: