25 October 2020

An unusual chore, part deux


Them pigeons have been busy.

The weekend after the clean up, I went out onto the ledge again to put up the net.

The little pigeon had truly flown away then, but the pigeon family had generated an impressive amount of droppings in a week's time so I had to clean the ledge all over again.

Then up the net went. Not an easy task given the limited space to work with, a lot of overreaching, bending and awkward posture that made me ache all over the next day.

But we got it done, so hopefully no more bird will make their nest there and no more carpet of droppings.

That was the 18th floor, there is still the 17th floor ledge, which is this week's task.

So after a short break after lunch today, I donned the homemade safety apparatus for the third time and went out onto the 17th floor ledge through the window.

And I was greeted by the lovebirds nesting on the 17th floor ledge with two newly laid eggs.

Yea, that's why I said the pigeons have been busy. As soon as the little pigeon could fly and had flown away, they immediately got the lady pigeon pregnant. Very productive indeed.

Since the 18th floor ledge is netted, they made their nest on the 17th floor instead. Bummer.

No, not again! Sorry, but no can do. I shooed away the pigeons, scooped up their eggs and put them on the top of the lower than knee-height fence, and proceeded to clean the ledge.

All the mess and droppings on horizontal, vertical and cylindrical surfaces. So the same old same old scrapping, brushing and hosing down with water. Not forgetting the shit-shower. Yea, great fun...

Shortly after I went out onto the ledge, it started raining. I didn't really get wet from the rain to be honest, it's the hosing within confined space and the shit-shower that got me wet. =_=

Put up the net after the cleaning. While we have the experience from last week, it doesn't change the fact that the ledge's limited space is just not work-friendly.

After about one and a half hours the job is done. I am sure I will be aching all over again tomorrow but at least this particular chore is done for good.

At least I hope so. Can't say I like going out onto the ledge all that much.

And I definitely do not like the shit-shower.



Other |sane side| category entries.


No comments: