28 June 2020

Revisiting Diablo II


Sons don't like the games I liked when I was their age.

Attempt to introduce them to classic games like Lode Runner, Bomber Man, etc didn't go well.

Even great games I played when I was a bit older, like Diablo, is also not to their liking.

Oh well. Generation gap is a real thing.

The games they like to play all seem shallow to me. They want instant gratification so anything that needs a bit of effort investment or figuring out is not their thing.

Anyway, I have completed Diablo and is now revisiting Diablo II.

brought back many memories

The expansion classes, the Assassin and the Druid, were those that I didn't played much back in the days, so I decided to play an Assassin this time round. Primarily using trap since that seems to be the least item dependent.

Maybe will try some other classes if my interest holds.


Shortly after re-playing Diablo II, I started to miss Diablo III's stash size and the unlimited skill and stats reset...

I imagine I will still ignore the rune words because of the low chance of getting any decent rune and the need to refer to an external list.

Good game should have everything contained within the game itself without needing external reference. Just my opinion.


Initially planned to take a screenshot of the fight with Andariel as a wrap-up to this entry, but I was too busy chugging potions instead of pressing the print screen key, oh well.

Act 2 here I come!



Other |geeky gaming| category entries.


No comments: