12 May 2020

That weird feeling


Truth is, I have accepted the fact that my blog has only a handful of viewers.

It doesn't really bother me since I have always treated the blog as an online diary, a reference material that I can easily access whenever my goldfish memory needs help.

I am not using my blog to sell stuff or to earn money from advertisement or whatever, there has never been any advertisement on my blog, I intentionally disabled it when I created the blog.

Well, unless I am actually advertising something in a blog entry, but never any third party advertisement.

Would I be happy if I had more viewers? Yes of course! But only if they are not trolls and actually benefit in some way from reading what I wrote.

Be it some insight or wisdom from my life experience, or just simply enjoy reading. Be it a chuckle or laugh, or the solace and connection in those entries that touched something within.

Anyway I am getting sidetracked.


I am writing this entry because a colleague said something today that made me did a double take and blurted out "how do you know?"

Apparently it's deduced from the entry I posted a few days back.

You see, since I don't expect other reading my blog, I don't expect other to know what I have written.

So when someone actually brought up something from my blog, I have that 'how does s/he know?' shocking surprise and then that 'wow, s/he reads my blog' pleasant surprise mixture of feelings.

Unreal that someone actually reads my blog, yet nice that someone actually reads my blog. 

Weird feeling.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: