13 August 2019

Books are not written equal


Of course they are not.

There is a reason why some authors are famous and rich while many are just unknowns...

Well, more than one reason but never mind, this is not an entry for that topic.

Suffice it to say that even I have had novels that I simply could not stand finishing, urgh... just urgh.


My latest novel took me longer than my average, more than double the usual time I use to finish a book.

It's not a bad read really, and it's not particularly thick either. 423 pages, fairly common length.

The thing that made it such a drag is the font used in printing. Not sure whether it's the size, spacing, weight or what, but the fonts are just very straining on the eyes, and my eyesight has deteriorated rapidly since early this year.

Really gotta pick the right publisher, would really be a shame to lose reader because of bad printing quality or lousy readability.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: