05 July 2018

Image change?


This is the fourth day wearing my beret to work, in accordance to my impromptu resolution this month.

The monthly impromptu resolution has always been about discipline training for me, to see if I have the mental strength and perseverance to see things through.

There are two parts to this month's resolution, but the stubble part is pretty much a non-issue. Having facial hair is not new for me, it's more often than not a conscious act of defiance, like this time...

Since I cannot control the shits life threw at me these few months, I figured I can give fate the finger by having facial hair. The amount of shits I have in life recently is such that not even wifey's dislike of my facial hair is going to sway me.

Weird thought process, perhaps, but that's just how I am.

The true challenge for this month's impromptu resolution comes from weathering the expected funny looks, jibes and ridicules I knew will come my way with the beret, that change of image.

"Is it to cover up your baldness?"
"Is your head cold?"
"You look like an artist."
"Are you growing your hair back so covering it up in the interim?
"You look like a detective."
"Your stubble is too long."
"You look like a writer." (But... but... I have been blogging for ages, that doesn't count?)
"You look good with the cap." (I kid you not, a colleague actually said that!)
"Cool, you look like a Japanese!" (Huh? Looking like Japanese is an 'in' thing?)
"Is it for the condensation to happen inside the cap so your hair can grow?"
...

To be honest I don't really know why exactly I started thinking about wearing a cap, perhaps it's a subconscious thought of changing my image, but why would I want to change my image anyway? Hmm...

I brought this up with wifey and she bought a beret for me during one of her online shoppings, it arrived end of June.

While I am usually okay with close friends poking fun of me, but as I said in the previous entry, sometimes, depending on the mood, those bald jokes they made at my expense got old. Like, really old.

Anyway, I am sticking to image change as the reason why I am wearing the beret, so that's that.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: