26 December 2017

Not the usual break


Fourth day of the five days break.

This is not my usual rest and relax break, it's actually rather happening as the in-laws are here. All of them, including the newly added member since the wedding two days ago, and her family. =)

Many activities planned, with the family photo shoot being the major thing today.

The thing is, with the number of people involved, and with some not as punctual as others, there are slips, delays, waiting and wasted time.

I actually started writing this blog in my room, ten minutes after the initial planned time of arrival at the studio. Yea, arrival time. -_-

There's a slip at the extended family side, so instead of continue to sit and wait like what I was doing forty minutes ago, I booted up my computer and started writing.

Don't get me wrong, my depression and antisocial tendency aside, I love the closeness of my in-laws. Very warm, very 'family'.

I consider myself an organised and punctual person, I like to know what's going to happen so I can plan accordingly. But these few days, to avoid frustration, I need to take things in a very generic, high level kind of way, and leave the details out because those are ever changing.

Like there would be a photo shoot some time today, which started about an hour later than planned. Like there would be a family activity some time yesterday, eventually it's a movie in the evening with part of the family members. Like there would be some people staying over yesterday night in certain room, which I eventually found out at midnight that I didn't have to sleep on the floor as initially planned.

As long as I expect a disruption to the usual routine, and that this is not the usual kind of leave where I rest and relax, it's all good. =P

The rest and relax break will be next weekend. I hope.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: