01 October 2017

Happiness in small things


Everwing, as expected, is a grindy, senseless game.

I am not quite sure why I still play it, I think I will figure it out as I write this entry.

Sometimes writing stuff out helps my thought process.

I suppose it's the 'work together to kill the raid boss' part that I still find interesting, and perhaps the sidekick collection as well. Gotta get them all! =P

Hmm... maybe I should set myself some goals that when met, it's time to quit the game. If the mind-numbing repetitive gameplay doesn't get to me first, that is.

Let's say when I get a 10k score in the endless round, my current best is 7k.

To get 10k I probably need some fantastic level 30 sidekicks, so I guess that will be the supplementary goal: get the legendary (or better) sidekicks to level 30, evolved from matching zodiac signs for maximum damage potential.


Anyway, I wanted to write this entry not because of all those things above, but for the unexpected moment of joy I found today.

Everwing introduced a new guardian recently, unlocked through a specific chest obtained after killing a certain high level raid boss. All by chance of course, since it's a grindy game.

My playing group has a couple of hardcore members who can play throughout the working hours of the weekdays, mowing through the low level raid bosses in just a few days, with the rest of us chipping in in the after work hours. So we got to the specific raid boss with many days to spare before the timer reset.

The power gamers had the courtesy to hold their horses and let the others who wanted a chance at the new guardian to get to maximum chests before proceeding to kill the raid boss.

The group waited days and set the cut off date on Sunday (today), and all who voiced out they wanted got to max chests before the killing began. =)

When we finally downed the raid boss, that screen put a smile onto my face. Not because we managed to kill the raid boss, that was never in doubt, but because of the teamwork and the consideration for other members we all showed.

slightly more than 12% was needed for max chests

I felt happy, satisfied, accomplished, and warm, for the nice gesture, for the nice people I am playing with. =D

As for the icing on the cake...

Lyra unlocked! Woohoo!

The very first chest I opened, no less.

Those who know my luck, and/or how much I had to go through to get the two other guardians Jade and Arcana will understand this is basically me hitting the jackpot!

I am not a gambling person, else I would have gone and bought the lottery because of this.

=P



Other |geeky gaming| category entries.


No comments: