14 April 2015

Lost chicken


I am not an ambitious person, really am not.

I just want a simple life where I earn enough to support the family without having to worry about every single expense.

If it's a work that I enjoy, then it's icing on the cake, else I would just grumble all the time. Not like that's new...

For the family, I will endure.

I don't have to be rich. I don't need a big car, designer stuff or expensive gadgets. I do like to have my own house to call home though.

But anyway, I just lost an opportunity to earn myself a sizeable sum of extra money because I am not bold enough, and I am not ready to seize opportunity like this when it arises.

If only I had a steady second income, a backup plan.

If only I wasn't the sole breadwinner, the single source of income for the family.

If only I wasn't that emotionally attached to my colleague friends.

If only I was more of a risk-taker, adventurer, one who embraces change, and less of a conservative coward.

Feel such sense of... lost now.

A missed opportunity that may not come again, a big catch that slipped away, because I am unprepared, and I am a chicken.


No comments: