27 January 2014

Solitude


Finally, a fruitful day.

Work wise, at least.

And ironically, it's when I work alone that everything goes smoothly.

Don't get me wrong, I am not dissing my colleague, who is truly invaluable. It's a joined effort, only things don't go smoothly when both of us are working together at the module.

When I was off sick he got things done, today when he was working elsewhere I got all fifteen cases done.

I joked that it's due to our "8 words" (BaZi) don't match. =P

After two weeks of frustration, I am just mightily glad of the progress today. Final-freaking-ly.

So, I am better off working alone huh?

Hmm... sure matches with what I feel about my life lately though.

Is this... a sign?

Strange to be feeling like this so close to Chinese New Year, but I really do feel that I am better off in solitary.

After all, the one person we can ultimately depend on, is ourselves.

Unless one has preverse self-harming habit, it's almost always the others who hurt us. If we could build our inner fences thick and tall, providing that solitary sanctuary, we could shield ourselves from unwanted harm, disappointments, and pain.

Life is simpler that way.


No comments: