04 July 2011

Transformer 3: Dark of the Moon


Just let me get one thing out of the way first: I missed badminton today for the movie, kids, that's not a healthy thing to do. =P

Second thing to get off my chest: there is no post-credits scene. Now you know.

I asked those who have seen the movie but got no answer. To avoid spoilers I did not search online before I watch the movie, I didn't stay till the end though as everyone was gone and I felt a bit embarrass sitting there alone. So I asked the cinema staff collecting the 3D glasses, and he said there is none. That's good enough for me.

Okay okay, wrong information is worse than no information, so I verified with google-fu after I watched the movie: there's no post-credits scene in Transformers 3.

You can leave after (ex)Agent Simmons does his stunt. =)

Second movie I watched in 3D, probably should have gone with 2D. 3D doesn't really add much to it and at times I was looking at some out of focus area, maybe it's the glasses, maybe it's just me not watching the centre of focus but looking at what's happening at the background, *shrug*.

Well, story wise, Autobots are now working with humans to bring peace to Earth, something about stopping humans from destroying themselves, which of course is so true (in addition to destroying other lifeforms and mother Earth).

Autobots found out about the crash-landed Ark on the moon, the teleportation technology (pillars yada yada, space bridge yada yada) and the robot who developed and knows how to use that technology - Sentinel Prime.

So they go get Sentinel Prime to Earth, revived it, and all hell broke loose.

Don't want to post too much spoilers so let's just say there's a cleverly laid trap as well as some betrayals, both by human as well as robot. Autobots have to stop Decepticons from teleporting the Cybertron (the robots' home planet) to Earth's atmosphere and subsequently using humans as slave labour to rebuild Cybertron.

Some robots from the previous two movies die in this one, both friend and foe. Don't worry if you do not remember their name or what their specific role is, that's for geeks and nerds. =P Just have to know Autobots are the good robots and Decepticons are the bad ones. =P

Well, don't bother watching Transformers if you want story with depth (read a book), or romance (get a life), or for hot chic (google it up) or McDreamy (watch Grey's Anatomy). It's all about robots kicking each others' arses in fantastic CGI.

Go for the actions, CGI, robots, automobiles, war machines, guns, explosions, and protagonist-never-die stunts. Sit back, relax, enjoy. Be entertained and when it's over, that's it, nothing to tax your grey matter and nothing to keep you pondering. Just remember enough so you don't feel left out in near future chit-chats. =)

I will score it 7.5 out of 10. But I am a geek, so it's a must watch for me. =)


2 comments:

江边鸟 said...

for the thick lips!

CK said...

veli the deep...