12 April 2011

Curse of the Bonus, part deux


Late yesterday evening, when I left the hospital, the label on the ward's door had the name "Goh Tze Hsiang" on it.

Today, when I was doing the usual food, clothes and stuff chauffeuring, the label has changed to "Goh Tze Young".

Not unexpected since both the kids never heed the advice of not putting hands and non-food stuff in their mouth, and hugging and kissing are common practice in our house. Yet, the feeling when I saw that change of name was... profound.

Helpless and rather depressing. All I could do was sighed.

The hand, foot and mouth disease (HFMD) that is torturing my children is not from the usual Coxsackie virus. In fact, I think it's not HFMD but a similar disease of the same family. Something like that as I wasn't there when the doctor explained it and only learned of it from wifey.

Anyway, the disease differs to HFMD in that it doesn't have spots on the hand and foot, only inside the mouth. So those who have children in kindergarten do be aware.



No, slacker extraordinaire did not break the principle of not blogging while working, I am on leave, and most probably going to take leave again tomorrow. Which means I am going to miss both the badminton sessions this week, *sigh*. I just restrung my racquet no less. =(


No comments: