20 March 2010

M.I.A. no more


Back from three days two nights business trip to Singapore.

The business part of the trip was fruitful, the two things in my mind are: more challenges ahead and good grief we are running out of time!

I hope I am wrong.

Not much to say about the trip since work is work and it's not to be shared on a personal blog. =)

While I brought along my compact camera, I only managed to take photos of the food I had for dinners, since you know, that's the non-work time of the trip.



Japanese food for the first day dinner at Kamado in one of the many shopping complexes along Orchard Road. Had an unagi set with ice lemon tea.



Yea, I started eating before I thought of taking a photo. =P

Had Thai for dinner on the second night at Siam Kitchen in one of the shopping complexes around City Hall.



We ordered a few a la carte dishes and I had an ice blended mango for drink, which is nothing to write home about. For a tasty ice blended mango drink, I recommend Xuan Xin Restaurant (炫升) in Gurney Plaza, Penang.



Besides eating, I went about to find out the prices for DSLR and gaming mouse from several shops in several locations.

Canon EOS 5D Mark II body only is selling for SGD3200 (RM7680 with 2.4 exchange rate), that's the lowest quoted price from all the shops I asked, perhaps bargaining would bring it down. I am not sure since I didn't bargain, not that I am any good at bargaining anyway.

Lowest listed Logitech MX518 Optical Gaming Mouse I managed to find is SGD48, that's more expensive than the cheapest listed price I managed to find in Penang, assuming 2.4 exchange rate. I checked the prices for a few other Logitech gaming mouse (G5, G500, G9X) as well but thanks to my goldfish memory, I cannot remember them liao. =P

Another thing worth mentioning is the irony of the autogate system at the Penang Airport immigration, manual processing of the passport by immigration officer was faster than the autogate by a significant amount. That's just sad.

Well, not that anyone care, but I am home and resumed blogging. =)

No comments: