08 March 2010

International Women's Day


Shamefully I didn't know that today's the International Women's Day until I saw the card thingy my company put on our desks.

The card says "International Women's Day - Stop Violence Against Women", plus some small prints.

Now I know, 8th of March every year is the International Women's Day. Let's all wear wigs and skirts and shout "girl power!"

Okay, maybe that's not the idea. =P

Stop violence against women? Hell yea!

Personally, my believe is that a REAL man does not beat the ladies. Only bully does that, and bullies are cowards, they only pick on people weaker than they are. Shame shame SHAME!

Too bad I am physically small and weak, so if I stood up to a bully, I would probably end up in the hospital, or worse. Like ended up six feet under. =\

It's time like this I wish I was Superman, then I could go be a hero and rescue ladies from bullies and said: "why don't you pick on someone your own size!"

But then hor, really don't want to wear underwear outside leh, red colour one tim! >_<

I think technology and gadget based hero better, like Ironman. Ooh, I would love to be Ironman!

Okay okay, enough geeky day-dreaming.

Here's my suggestion to the ladies, if a scumbag was beating you, just grab a solid hard object like the leg of a stool, a baseball bat, or better yet a spiked club (preferably with rusty nails), and smashed the balls of that scumbag with all your might, he doesn't deserve them anyway. Don't worry, it's called self-defense and you are doing the society good.

Sorry sorry, I don't really believe in solving violence with violence. Just the thought of those scumbags made my blood boils. =(

Anyway, on a related note, is there an International Men's Day ah?

Gender equality leh, we men also victims of violence from the ladies.

Or is it just me? I get bullied by my female friends and colleagues one, probably because I am too weak nice. Not just that, my female colleagues even bully my office plant! Poor innocent plant!

We men need loves too!

Oh, and our plants also. =P




On a totally unrelated note:

Heard from MyFM today that since 26th of February, British government no longer provide their excellent social benefits and care to foreigners. Guess UK is no longer as appealing a country to live in as it used to be, for foreigners. I loved the social benefits, public transport, and so much more when I was living there. I pity the students studying there now, they have to fork out a medical insurance now then?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

International Men's Day is November 19: http://www.international-mens-day.com/

Celebrate it by *doing* something on that day!

;-)

CK said...

Woot!

Thanks for the enlightenment!

Funny how I never thought of googling it. =P

Now I know liao, yay! Gender equality is not all skewed towards the female after all. =P

November is indeed the bestest month of the year. ^_^