11 March 2010

It's all Psychology!


In our badminton sessions, there are usually some trash-talks and psychological warfare like calling someone in a funny tone, violent smashing action before the opponent serves, trying to intimidate the opponent by poising in the serve stance for a long time, making menacing sound, snide remarks like "enough handicap given?" i.e. let water or put hand in Hokkien, et cetera.

All in good nature, of course. Well, at least I think so. =P

In yesterday's session, those present were introduced to a new one. Just before my teammate served, she made eye contact with her opponent, a guy, and said:

"Don't you love me anymore?"

It was said in Mandarin that's slightly off but the meaning was loud and clear, proven by the effect it caused...

...total silence and inactivity, it stunned not just the opponents but teammate alike, plus the players on the other court!

Then the "wah lau!" and laughters erupted.

Don't think I have managed to capture the full impact of the moment with my words, one gotta be there to experience it first hand. =)

I love my badminton sessions, truely I do. =D

2 comments:

PS =! play station said...

who the one say this out?? susan? :-p don tell me u are the opponent :-p

CK said...

Have to protect the identity of the person, cannot announce to the whole world leh, else I will be murdered when she finds out. =P

And no, I was the team mate (but also kena stunned...).