13 July 2009

Long Weekend


Penang's governor's birthday on Saturday so today's the replacement holiday, giving us a long weekend to rest and relax.

Well, I should say for the fortunate ones to rest and relax. For me, it's work throughout the long weekend.

Thanks to the colleagues from the other department who produce such filmsy and out of spec product, the days of task force shall never end.

May the Force* be with you.
*task force

And thanks to the stubbornness of these same people tunnel visioning trying to force the solution for an entirely different issue to fix their one of many new found issues, and their "we don't care about thermal concern" attitude (exact quote), the shit has hit me straight in the face.

Since it's not a "let's work it out together" attitude but instead a "this is what I am going to do and your concerns be damned, go fix it" attitude from those lovely colleagues, you can imagine what a swell time I am having at work nowadays.

Like, shit being forced down the throat that kind of swell.

Anyway, those "my way or the highway" colleagues have requested thermal model prediction for 5 configurations. Since I know their 5 configurations are never going to cut it for us, I am enveloping around those to look at different configurations that will satisfy our requirement.

What it comes down to is that I have to create 8 different models and 16 cases for each model for enveloping purposes, that's a total of 128 cases. As usual, the results are wanted yesterday.

Swell.

And that, dear reader, is why I have been working everyday throughout the long weekend. And no, I am not done with the 128 cases yet. =(



On a much brighter note, got woken up by a phone call today that led to a full day outing with my closest friends at work, plus their families.

We had lunch together at Bukit Mertajam, as usual the ones who live closest to the place were the last to arrive, typical! =P

After the nice lunch we went around to see the two newly born babies, in between visiting the two babies we had a durian feast, courtesy of Chang, or if you are close to him, you can call him kacang, and if you are closer to him still, Yun Yun. =D

So today's not too bad really.


Let's hope the 32 cases from the last two models will go smoothly, so I can post-process all 128 cases tomorrow. Oh, and there is that 07:00 hours meeting to attend.

Swell, just swell.

No comments: