Not unfamiliar with backache. I suffered from backache on and off back when I was still playing badminton regularly, and back when I was in and out of the factory frequently, lifting heavy object, standing for long hours, all that.
Oh, I vividly remember the difficulty and pain getting up from those low stainless steel benches in the gowning room of various factories.
But I haven't had backache for a long while, long enough that I no longer remember when the last time was.
Okay, that could just be my goldfish memory, but anyway, long enough that I naively thought my backache days are over, that I am done with backache.
As if I have that kind of luck. Should have known better, really.
It hit me out of nowhere three days ago, no idea what caused it, I just woke up with this severe backache that getting out of bed itself is an ordeal. This is one of the bad ones. Really bad one.
If a well rested night is crucial for recovery, then I am doubly-screwed, since every movement while laying down sends a sharp pain through the nerve, sleeping is trying. Sleep quality plummeted from the normal low to abysmal.
Today's the third day, and the first time going out in this condition. Bad idea. Very bad idea.
Let's just say that I felt every single bump, bend, brake, acceleration, deceleration, like I never felt before. Pain sensation overload.
Today's outing was a mistake, tomorrow's is inevitable, as I need to send my car to service. No, I do not want the hassle of realigning my leave and reschedule the service.
Just want to be done with it, pain and all.
Other |sane side| category entries.


No comments:
Post a Comment