12 February 2023

Dead to the world


I am a light sleeper. One of the reasons I have low quality sleep.

Stress from work and life do not help, but I usually wake on the slightest sound.

Yesterday I woke up with a headache, I don't know if it's the bad quality sleep or something else.

I had to work overtime anyway, regardless of headache, so that's what I did.

Until it got so bad it became a splitting headache that disabled me. Paracetamol did nothing.

So after lunch I could only lie in bed, it's so bad that I couldn't do anything else.

I must have drifted off to sleep, because the next thing I knew was the shouting match between elder son and wifey that woke me, before they went out.

I couldn't even mustered the energy to tell them off, felt like if I got up then I would vomit. I was just glad when they left and there was finally peace and quiet in the house.

And I must have drifted off to sleep again, and apparently this time I was dead to the world, because the next time I was up it's close to five in the evening, and I saw a message from wifey saying she came to my room to call me but I slept through it.

To be honest I still cannot believe I didn't woke up, being such a light sleeper and all that.

Must have really needed that rest. Not that it helped, the headache persisted the whole day, and returned to the splitting headache level during the Saturday movie time with wifey.

It was a bad one.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: