23 August 2022

Expectation versus reality


Did a heap of simulations for the ever changing project, revision after revision.

After many revisions and many heaps of simulation cases, with luck this round is the last revision.

Decent cooling capability, better than the target, so everyone should be happy.

Except I think we could do even better so went and burned another weekend running more simulation cases on the improvement and optimization ideas.

The theory is straight forward and the logic is sound, but the simulation results showed otherwise. Either insignificant improvement or majority of the cases showed worse results.

To be honest I am unpleasantly surprised. The results defy my logical expectation.

While I have figured out plausible reason for the worse results, it irks me that my ideas did not meet the expectation.

Not so smart after all, just gotta admit that.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: