20 January 2022

New toys


Bought an arcade box last Tuesday shortly after midnight. Received it last Friday evening.

The arcade box is a family activity initiative. Spent last Saturday morning setting it up for four players.

Had hilarious time playing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle as a family, we probably went through 100 lives and mashed the buttons until we defeated the final boss. Won't say great sense of achievement, but definitely a lot of laughter doing silly thing together. =P

Also introduced my kids to classics like Street Fighter II, Raiden, 1942, Battle City, Ghosts 'n Goblin, et cetera. Many more still to expose them to.

I still suck at the games, but it's okay, it's about spending time having fun together. ^_^


Work laptop up for refresh, so selected a replacement last Friday. Received it yesterday.

Unlike previous laptop refreshes, there are practically no choice this time round, due to the global shortage of components and supplies.

The brand I wanted is not even in the "currently out of stock" list, so I didn't even had the option to select and wait until it's available.

Selected a brand that I had never used before in all my laptop refreshes, figured it can't be too bad with a 11th generation i7 Intel processor. =)

Well, only been using it for a day, nothing to pick regarding the performance, but the fan (centrifugal blower really)... Goodness, why is it designed to always be spinning so fast? Or is it simply because of lousy acoustic specification?

Having designed the cooling system for a few systems myself, I think I can do better, heh. =P



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: