29 November 2020

For the first time in forever


For the first time in what feels like forever, but probably closer to eight months time, I am not running any thermal simulation.

I ended work before lunch today, but unlike all previous weekends lately, I do not plan to continue work after lunch or after dinner. I am done for the day.

To say that the overtime has been crazy lately is an understatement. It's more appropriate to say I haven't got a break day or personal life at all, I have been working 15/7 for many, many weeks now.

It's a miracle that I haven't burnt out, really.

Anyway, after I post-processed the cases I ran yesterday and overnight on the server before lunch today, I didn't set any new ones to run.

It's an event worth recording because for the first time in many months, I am not using any of the Computational Fluid Dynamics software licences, not utilising any of the servers' computing power. I am not running a thermal simulation.

I have been running thermal simulation 24/7 for months, non-stop except for the few hours when the servers went down for monthly maintenance. And it's not just a single simulation, I have been solving cases in parallel on multiple servers, up to four simultaneously at one period of time.

Until I got a warning using up too many software licences. Since then I limited myself to running three simulations in parallel in my daytime, and two while I sleep.

Yes, I kid you not, that's the kind of workload I am having.

I am sure this whole non-stop 24/7 multiple simulations cycle will resume tomorrow, but at least until the official work day starts tomorrow morning, the workstations can have a break. For once I am not using any of the software licences.

For the first time in forever, I can take a break.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: