16 July 2020

End work early


I get headache if I worked long hours.

Yesterday the headache was so bad that I had to retire straight after dinner for a couple of hours before it subsided.

When the five o'clock meeting got cancelled today, I told myself I am going to end my work day early today. I have done enough overtime since the weekend that I feel no qualm whatsoever.

I deserve it.

But of course, there's always more work than work hours, and today, the colleagues seemed to gang up to not let me end my work day early...

One after another and with some overlapping each other, four colleagues pinged me for one thing or another near the end of the work day, when I was trying my darnedest to quickly post-process the latest thermal simulation results and call it a day.

Multitasking is totally ineffective and inefficient for me, I am a focus at one thing at a time kind of person. I am loyal. =P

It's unusual for me to get so many pings from colleagues in a day, even rarer when it's nearing the end of the work day.

It's like they knew I wanted to end the work day early and out in force to thwart me.

Anyway, long story short, when I got yet another ping at five past six (yea, so much for ending work at five), I decided enough is enough.

So here I am, nursing a headache while writing a rant.



Other |wretched workaholic| category entries.


No comments: