14 July 2020

Eighth time lucky


First thing I did after I got out of bed the past three days long weekend (Monday was a replacement holiday), was to turn on my laptop and work.

Ditto before I went to bed.

I know I am ruining my slacker extraordinaire reputation but duty calls, oh well.

The frustrating thing was, I modified a previously working model, with what I considered fairly minor changes, but the model stopped working.

Dammit.

The initial plan when I got the model modified end of Friday and set it to run overnight was to have a quick check on Saturday morning to save the case and set another case to run. Repeat twice and leave the post-processing to today.

But the solution diverged, so I fine-tuned the mesh and tried again.

And again. And again. And again...

Seven attempts, all diverged, arghhhhh!

It's Monday (yesterday) night by then, so I swallowed my pride and sent a help request to the software developer.

Knowing I won't get the support so soon, I tried again to resolve it myself, my eighth attempt, and set the case to run overnight.

And it worked! Very satisfied when I saw the results this morning.

Though I sure felt like I have wasted my long weekend, I was supposed to slack and just be a potato.

Oh well, sigh...



Other |wretched workaholic| category entries.


No comments: